Tuesday, March 13, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

March 13, 2012

Can't wait to celebrate St. Patrick's Day by eating breads
 from around the world. Our school district is strict about eating foods of minimal nutrition so that leaves out graphing good old Lucky Charms!  So I decided to combine map skills with math and of course eating.  The kiddos get to eat breads from around the world while locating them on a map of the world.  Looking forward to the Irish Soda bread. 

Check out the unit on my tpt.

St. Patrick's Day bread tasting


Here is another picture from my Goldilocks activity.  I love graphing and eating!  The kiddos never forget these activites!

5 comments:

  1. Such a cute activity. I love how you used the Teddy Grams for your graphing (good and nutritional)! I am your newest follower. I would love for you to stop by my blog!
    Patti :)
    A Series of 3rd Grade Events

    aseriesof3rdgradeevents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Who doesn’t love a great linky party? Especially when we can make new friends!
    I found you on the K-2 linky and now I’m your newest follower. I’d love for you to come visit me sometime!
    ✿Valerie
    Grow Up Learning
    Grow Up Learning Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog! I’m passing on an award to you! Come over and see!
    Stacy
    Mrs Johnson’s First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of bread from around the world! It will fit in perfectly with my end of the year culture unit! Like you, I had to give up the Lucky Charms activity due to new snack guidelines, so I am always on the lookout for healthy ideas! Thanks for sharing!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenny,

      Thanks for leaving a comment. Bread day from around the world was a huge success. I will be posting pictures soon. This activity can be done anyday, sounds perfect for culture unit. we would love to follow you if you have a blog or tpt store.

      Delete