Saturday, August 11, 2012

Painting *Magic*

So the Classroom Beautification Project, or CBP as I like to call it, continues.

As mentioned in previous posts I have decided to revamp the Harry Potter theme in my 5th grade classroom.  This included painting the metal shelves that ran underneath my window and my magnificent purple filing cabinet.

Well, I continued painting last week.  I have two metal free standing shelving units that I inherited when I moved into the room six years ago.  The cabinets were in terrible shape: SCRATCHED, RUSTED, STAINED, you get the point!

I decided to paint these using both the silver and purple paints that I previously used.

Here they are:

The original MESS!

The first coat of SILVER

The outside coat of PURPLE


I have to say, the original plan was to make this all silver.  However, once I saw the purple filing cabinet I had to figure out another way to get that purple on something...anything!  So, I did the outside of the free-standing units in PURPLE and LOVE it!

Keeping myself busy the last few weeks of August.
-Damien

1 comment:

  1. I love the purple colour too! Your shelves look great. I especially like the way you have left it silver on the inside. I can't wait to see your room finished. :) I hope you're not too busy.
    I'm just getting on top of everything at school.

    ReplyDelete